The French is one of the simplest methods in brewing a full immersion cup of coffee. It yields full bodied perfection every time, if you get it right.
Let's get to brewing...
water to coffee ratio 16:1
- Heat water (205 degrees)
- Weigh and grind coffee beans.
- Rinse your French press. Pour some hot water into French press. Swirl and plunge. Dispose of rinse water.
- Add grinds to French press.
- “Bloom” = wet grinds with roughly ¼ of your water. Let sit for 30 seconds. Stir.
- Add remaining water.
- Place lid on top pressing plunger down only far enough to fully submerge grinds into water.
- Let sit for 1 minute.
- Stir again.
- Place lid back in same manner as before.
- Let sit for 3 minutes.
- In a slow steady motion press the plunger all the way down.
- Pour immediately to separate coffee from grinds.