The Aeropress is a wonderful manual method to brew coffee at home or away.
water to coffee ratio 16:1
- Heat water (200 degrees)
- Weigh and grind coffee beans.
- Place filter in cap and rinse with hot water.
- Place Aeropress on scale in “inverted” position – upside down so that the cap can twist onto the (now) top.
- Add grinds.
- “Bloom” = wet grinds with roughly ½ of your water. Let sit for 45 seconds.
- Add remaining water.
- Stir before twisting cap (with filter in it) on top.
- After around 1:30 flip Aero Press over onto a mug.
- Press plunger all the way down, this should take roughly 20 seconds.